Sunday, April 10, 2011

I just saw Sara Young onto her Amtrak bus. She is off to continue her adventure into the Central Valley where she will undoubtedly encounter some strange birds on her ride. Public transportation in San Francisco deserves a blog of its own. Likely, that will come soon.

Yesterday, we ate at Thorough Bread and Pastry - a delectable cafe in the Castro/Mission area, shopped at a yard sale where Sara bought Joe jeans and chunky heeled boots for a total of 10 bucks (you're welcome James). We went to Dolores Park where we judged a mom for her indulgence to her children and timed the length this dog peed - we think a little over a minute. We then walked to the Castro, down through Noe Valley, lunched at Thai Stick in the Filmore and ended up at the apartment at about 3:45 PM. It was a long, beautiful day and we were exhausted. As I rummaged through my handy backpack purse, I realized the keys were not there. I did a quick overturn and shake where a couple of coins fell onto the floor, but alas, those keys were gone. My mind had flash images of our 6 hour walk - times when we shuffled our purchases around. When we sprawled on the grass in the Mission, my purse on the ground at the yard sale, pulling out my camera in Noe Valley. Okay, no recollection of keys. The last time I remember seeing them was when I set them in the pocket of the handy backpack purse and thought, I should put them inside so they don't fall out. Yes, that was surely the last time. I called the bakery and Crossroad Trading - no luck. I text Nicole to see when she was coming home. Then we walked to Cafe Bean to wait out Nicole's return.

We got coffee and were mostly silent in our tiredness. Nicole said she was on her way home, and was taking a cab, so she'd back at 5PM. We waited at the apartment and neighbor Britney buzzed us in. I text Nicole to say we were inside.

"No way! Awesome! I'm so glad you got in. I'm going to be back later. I couldn't get a cab, so I'm walking." -Nicole's response text.

"No, we're not in the apartment, we're inside the building. I'm letting you know so you don't wait for us outside." - Chelsea's response text.

No response. Phone call to Nicole. No response.

"Nicole, did you get my text?" -Chelsea's text.

Some curse words. Nicole called at 6:00 and we were inside by 6:16. Losing one's keys is annoying. We were too tired to go out in the evening, so we ordered a calzone from Uncle Vito's and watched a netflix movie, ate some sweets and laughed some more.



To Be Continued....

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really fun weekend with Sara! And I love that picture of her. So neat. Is that bakery you went to the same one we did? Did you try anything new, if it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same bakery! Now, I have a real hit - you loved it and she did. Two women who love food and love to bake. It must be a winner. Shout out to Thorough Bread and Pastry!

    ReplyDelete