Sunday, August 5, 2012

122 people who think we don't look like our photos





Roger and I married January 6th. And February 17th. And February 18th. Please enjoy this photo from the February 17th photo shoot. The photos were truly lovely - taken at Land's End appropriately. Land's End was the first place we visited in California together. Now that we live in San Francisco, I love to remember that day and think my thoughts then, erasing the time between. In August 2009, I wondered if that man had romantic interested in me, and now he is my husband.

My boss' ex-boyfriend saw one of our photos from this shoot on the fridge and it brought tears to his eyes. He said we were gorgeous. My boss told him "They don't look that in person." I laughed, but then later I thought of several comebacks I should have said to him. None of which were that good. If I could return to that day, my response would be to look extremely pained and excuse myself to the restroom.

Tip to mankind: do not tell people they look lovely in photos and follow up the sentence with, "It doesn't really look like you." The boss also told me he later cut me out of the photo hanging on the fridge.

We have been married for 170 days today, but separated for 122 of those.

5 comments:

  1. Okay...I haven't met Roger in person...but I have seen you Chels and you are definitely the super hottie I see in the pics! Logically it must follow that Roger is also the super hottie I see in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha kelly's comment is perfect :) i agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should pull a George Costanza and set that guy up again! You know, pull out some more model-shots of you and Roger and ask him what he thinks of them. I'm sure we could all think of some awesome comebacks. In fact, I want to hear the ones you came up with but decided not to consider :)

    The only way anyone should ever tell you "that doesn't really look like you" is if the picture you have of yourself is hideous.

    122 days is a long time. I'm counting down with you!!! I hope you don't have to be separated ever ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Can! That's a great idea! I'm just picturing the shrimp episode in my head now. Then when my comeback fails, I'll end up saying, "Well your boyfriend cheated on you!"

    ReplyDelete